Thursday, September 4, 2014

Personal Style Blogging: Feeling The Fear And Doing It Anyway


Sooooooo... I've been toying with the idea of doing some personal style posts here on the blog for a while now. But I've been scared. 

Scared of getting in front of the camera, number one.
{There is a reason I'm a photographer people! }

Scared of looking silly.
And awkward.
Or just plain weird.

That's all kind of embarrassing to admit; but true.

I know that what we look like does not define us; that clothes and a perfect smile DO NOT maketh the woman, but like most people { I'm guessing } I am super conscious of my flaws. My wonky teeth, the shape of my nose, my smile. Ugh! And let's not even start on our bodies. I'm not a model, but our timelines are full of people who are or who could be, and in turn, our expectations start getting a little warped.

And then there is that whole thing about STYLE. * I * might like something but, seriously, will anyone else?!! Maybe.... maybe. maybe. maybe. It's that little maybe that has spurred me on -  to ignore the negative voices in my head and to focus instead on connection. And self-expression. And how much I love this vintage dress!

So I'm putting myself out there - feeling the fear and doing it anyway. 

Have a look and please, tell me what you think. Honestly. I know I look like a deer in the headlights in that full photo! With what can only be described as a double chin { just wipe that bit from your memory please lovely people!! } Hahaha. And, yup, I had to run black and white because seeing myself in colour freaks me out ;)

But I do love the detail shots, I think they turned out really well.






I heart dresses - especially now that the weather is warming up. This one is a great mid-season choice; with long sleeves and a sheer fabric. Paired with leggings at the moment because it's still not THAT warm all day long { unless you're lazing around in the sunshine! #dreamy }.

Have you experimented with style blogging, or dipped your toes in the water with the occasional outfit selfie on instagram or facebook? 

I'd love to hear your top tips for being bold, feeling the fear - and doing it anyway!
Amber. XO

STYLE NOTES: Dress Miss Brown Vintage Byron Bay. Shoes Coach. Leggings similar here. 



Fb Comments
3 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

3 comments :

  1. Oh you should! I've been doing it for years and it really changes the way you get dressed in the morning. Plus you're cute as a button so definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing you in your beautiful dress! Hope it's been a positive experience for you getting in front of the camera and on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried it!! This is awesome! (I could have sworn I commented already but don't know where it's gone!) LOVE your photography and your poses as well! Agree with Carly - you're cute as a button! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...