Monday, August 24, 2009

Locks & Keys

Having made the screwdriver board activity I decided to get off my butt & put together the lock & key activity I've had sitting around my cupboard for months!

There are 3 different locks with 3 different keys (in the glass jar so they don't get lost) & the ring (a bracelet) is for the locks to be locked onto. I realised after I took this photo - actually Lovely pointed it out to me this morning - that this photo isn't the right presentation; the locks should start on the ring & then the challenge is to get them all off, line each lock up with it's key, & then put all of the locks back on the ring before it's returned to the shelf.

The keys are quite small so Lovely has been getting a little frustrated with trying to turn them but I think it will be alright once he gets used to them. If you are going to make this activity then I recommend getting largish locks (if the truth be known I just got the least expensive ones & that's why mine are small).



Fb Comments
6 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

6 comments :

  1. Arent you nifty! I have a few locks sitting in my cupboard that i could use. Don't blame you for using small ones though, they can get quite expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this with my little one but actually tied the key with a piece of string to the lock so she couldn't eat it! I also found the lock was too small for her so I found a cheap bike lock and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I starred both this and the screwdriver activity in my reader...my boys will love them!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great activity! Athena loved the screwdriver one. I posted a picture of it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to make a busy board for about a year. I think by the time I get to it, no one will be interested in it. I think I may go with something more simple like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...