Friday, July 17, 2009

The Hand: 3-part-cards


Mommyme from The Wonder Years inspired me with her comment here to make myself some 3-part-cards with a hand theme. Thanks Mommyme! :)

I've made a pdf that I am happy to share as soon as I work out using box.com or something like that.

I also made my first 3-part-card set pouch! Yippee! I've made 3-part-cards before & stored them in an envelope & it's always tricky for the children to sort out the cards to start with & - in all honesty - they're just not that appealing like that. Having gone to the trouble of making up these cards I didn't want the same thing to happen again so I grabbed the sewing machine & got to it! I ended up with a 4 pocket pouch so I printed a large card with the word 'hand' on it in cursive (I've decided to use cursive with Lovely) to fill the extra pocket.

I didn't have any buttons to close it so I cut that little hand out of felt & stitched it to a band of elastic. I'm really pleased with it even if it is a little wonky ;)


Fb Comments
14 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

14 comments :

  1. Wow! You are so talented! The cards are so appealing that I have no doubt your boys will join them so much! They are so lucky to have such a mom! Looking forward to all beautiful 3-part-cards you are going to make...:)
    PS You are very generous to share the PDF with us. Thank you so much!
    Miri

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the enthusiasm I forgot to ask you - do you laminate your 3-part-cards? Thanks, Miri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its TOTALLY gorgeous! you rock and your boys are so lucky! Go Rainbow Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little pouch - my poor sewing machine hardly ever sees the light of day anymore! I'm sure it would simply refuse to work if I pulled it out after this long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been sewing 3 part card pouches all summer, and I'm jealous! Mine look totally silly and crooked, but I think that I just maybe am getting better. No sewing machine for me, just sewing by HAND (get it... I'm commenting on your hand cards! I'm hilarious)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards look great and I love your pouch. Wish I had the time to make some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo... can I get the PDF and a sewalong of that card holder? That seems like a great thing to add to my to do list. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fabulous!! Mine sit in zip-lock plastic bags! You have inspired me (again) to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

    I'll try & upload the pdf in the next few days - & - if I can, make a sketch of the design I followed for the pouch too.

    My Child's Diary asked if I laminate the cards? And the answer is that I did "laminate" (read: cover with contact paper) the first cards I made but then I realised that for our home-use it was unnecessary. Originally I printed on regular paper & then mounted onto colour stock - but that's a lot of extra work too - so now I've bought a ream of sturdy white card stock (made for using in the printer) & just print straight onto that & cut them up. It's so dreamy having the whole ream because I don't have to hesitate if I see something great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I print all my stuff that I want the kids to use for a while on heavy card stock too... some is even on 20lb paper and that seems to last as well. They could be lamintated, but I totally agree. If it is going to up the expense and isn't really required, why?

    I am excited to see that PDF!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Amber and Val!
    It has helped a lot...
    Miri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards- mine turned out great and I'm on to the pouch next. Really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacquie :) Thanks for saying hello! Where are you based?

    Everyone - I'm still planning on a tutorial for the pouches - I'm just a little snowed under (as I'm sure you all are!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...